How cookies and other similar technologies are used on our websites
how our visitors use our websites, so that we can continue to improve them for our users. The personal data
generated by cookies are collected through pseudonymization and you have the right to object to the processing
of such data, as indicated below.
- address you toward the pertinent sections of the website;
- guarantee that the website has a consistent aspect in the different browsers and devices;
- enable the operation of complex areas of the website
- keep track of anonymous and aggregated statistical data, related to the visits to the website to improve
To such purpose, we could install cookie that collect data such as the user’s domain name, the internet service
provider, the operating system and the date and the schedule of access.
In the following there are explained the general typologies of cookies that we use and their purposes.
Types of cookies and their purposes
- first-party cookies: cookies installed by the website that the user visits (the website visualized in the
- session cookies: cookies that expires at the end of the browser session (they start at the time the user
opens the browser’s window and they end when the user leaves the browser);
- persistent cookies: cookies that persist in the device after the end of the browser session and therefore
they allow us to store preferences or actions of the user for his following visit to the website.
Most of web’s browsers allow to control most of the cookies through browser’s settings. The user can set the
browser in order to obtain a notification whenever it receives a cookie; so he can decide whether to accept or not
the cookie. However, if the user doesn’t accept a cookie, he may not be able to use all the functionalities of his
To know more about cookies, including how to view their settings and how to manage and remove them, please
refer to the website http://www.allaboutcookies.org (the link is external).
In this website we could use internet tag (also known as web-beacons, action tags, single-pixel GIF, transparent
GIF, invisible GIF, and 1by1 GIF) and cookies and we may do this by means of a web analytics service partner
based and storing their information (including your IP address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are
situated on different pages of this website. We use this technology to measure the answer of the user to our sites
(including how many times a page is opened and what information are consulted), as well as to evaluate the use
of this Website.
Our third-party partners, hosting service provider and/or web analytics service partner, could collect data
regarding your use of this Website under these Internet tags/anonymized cookies and they could compile
reports for us regarding the activity of this website and to provide additional services related to the use of the
Website and the internet. They could provide such information to other parties, if this is required by law or if
they use other parties to process the data on their behalf.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics
uses so-called “cookies” (text files stored on your computer), that allow him to analyze the use made of the
website. The information, produced by the cookie regarding your use of this website, is generally transmitted to
a service of Google in the United States and stored there. If the IP anonymization procedure is activated on this
website, your IP address will be shortened by Google in a UE Member State or in any other State that has
undersigned the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be
transferred to a Google server in the United Stated and shortened there. If this information are transferred by the
operator of this website, Google will use it to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile report on
website activity for the operators and to provide further services associated to the use of the website and
internet. The IP address transmitted in the Google Analytics model by your browser won’t be associated with
other data by Google. You may block the installation of cookies by properly setting your browser software;
however, we would like to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to fully use all the functions of this
http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/en.html or https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/ (the link are
external). We would like to point out that on this website Google Analytics has been extended with the code
“anonymize” to guarantee the anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking)
Google AdWords & Google Remarketing Cookies
This website could use the Google AdWords and Google Remarketing technology. Both are managed by Google
cookie is added to a user’s computer when that user clicks on an ad.
This cookie lasts 30 days and does not collect or monitor information that can personally identify a user. Users
can disable Google conversion tracking cookies in their internet browser settings.
In some cases, cookies can cause problems when accessing or while browsing your Adwords account.
When this occurs, the best way to correct the problem is to clear the cache and delete saved cookies for your
internet browser. To learn more about it click here https://www.google.es/intl/it/policies/privacy/ .
Finally, the user can disable Google Analytics cookies by downloading a specific browser plug-in available at the
following url https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we could also use the following typologies of common cookies:
- cookies used to customize the user interface (i.e. cookies to store preferences);
- authentication cookies (i.e. cookies that allows you to leave and return to our sites without having to
repeat the authentication);
- cookies used for audio/video content (i.e. cookie that store the data needed to play back an audio or
review a video and your preferences again);
- cookies used for profiling, aimed at creating user profiles that are normally used in order to send
advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user in the context of web browsing;
- on this site technical and profiling cookie are used, in order to guarantee the correct use of the site
contents and to allow browsing. In particular, the site uses the cookies of the following authors: Google
with the applicable rules and, in particular, with the EU Regulation 2016/679 without prejudice to the
possible liability of the authors of the same.
How to disable cookies
The website you visit allows you to select/deselect individual cookies, in the manner described below, but it
should be noted that, in the event of deactivation, the full usability of the same may not be guaranteed.
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the Alt button on the keyboard
3. In the toolbar located at the top of the browser, select Tools and then Options
4. Then select the Privacy tab
5. Go to Setting History and then to Use Custom Settings. Uncheck Accept cookies from site and save
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the Tools button and then on Internet Options
3. Select the Privacy tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you wish to set (upwards to block all
cookies or downwards to allow them all)
4. Then click ok.
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on Tools icon
3. Select Settings and then Advanced settings
4. Select Content settings under Privacy
5. In the Cookies tab you can deselect the cookies and save the preferences
1. Open Safari
2. Choose Preferences in the toolbar, then select the Security panel in the dialog bog that follows
3. In the Accept cookies section you can specify if and when Safari must save cookies from websites. For
more information click on the Help button
4. For more information about the cookies that are stored on your computer, click on Show cookies.
Deactivation functions currently available for the Google Analytics Web
To offer to the website visitors the possibility of preventing Google Analytics from using their data, the browser
If you wish to deactivate Google Analytics, download and install the add-on for your web browser. The add-on
that deactivates Google analytics is compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox and Opera.
To work, it must be loaded and executed correctly in the browser in use. For internet explorer it is necessary to